My First Party

So, I believe you all know that I am in the drama program in my school. Because of the wind storm a couple weeks ago, our play was moved back to this week.

Our last play is on Sunday at 3 PM, so we couldn’t have our cast party on Sunday because of school on Monday. So we had our cast party last night. Because our play didn’t end until 9 o’clock, the cast party went well into the night.

I had a really good time at the party. We played charades, we went around and told stupid stories, and we had a campfire going outside that we hung out around for a while. It was all just really fun.

By the time I was ready to go home–about 11:30-ish–I called Mom. We live about a half hour from the house the party was at. So I gave my Mom the address and I told my friend that we could give her a ride home, too, because she lives about 10 minutes from my house.

“Okay, Mom, here’s the address: blank blank blank blank.”

“Sounds good, I’ll be there in 20 to 30 minutes.”

“Okay, can we give my friend a ride home?”

“Sure, she doesn’t live too far.”

My friend and I were all set. We had a ride home we should be home around 12 to 12:15–it was all going to be good.

We waited 20 minutes. We waited 30  minutes. No one came for us. I got a text from my mom about 35 minutes after she said she was coming.

Call me. Google got me lost and I need better directions.

I called her.

“Hi, where are you?”

“Far away from where I need to be. Can you clarify where I need to be with the owners, please?”

I did. I parroted directions from the homeowners to Mom. She said she was all set. She hung up.

This was about when the only remaining three guests left to go home. My friend and I were now the only two guests left at the house, and it was  well past midnight.

Mom finally showed up. My friend and I got into the car, and we set off to my friend’s house. You’d think the fun was all over there, wouldn’t you? Well, you would be sadly mistaken.

You see, in the process of getting totally turned around looking for the house we were in, my mom had completely lost her sense of direction. So, instead of heading east towards my friend’s house, we were heading west.

Technically, we could have gotten to my friend’s house by going west, but it would take a long time. And besides, our car isn’t that waterproof.

We eventually figured out that we were going in the completely wrong direction, and we turned around. We got my friend back to her house by probably 1:10 or 1:15.  Now, what you need to remember is that this is in the a.m., not p.m.  At this point, it had been  almost 2 hours since I had called my mom to go home.

Now, I am not blaming my mom, nor am I blaming myself. It’s Google’s fault, really. Nevertheless, it was quite an adventure.

Mom and I didn’t get home until probably about 1:20 or 1:30. I had to wash all my make up off and change and put a few things away, so I didn’t get to bed until nearly 2 o’clock in the morning.

Long story short, I slept until one this afternoon.

But, if I want to freak out some of my family, I can just say that, for my first high school party, I stayed out until after 1 o’clock in the morning. 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s